Take it easy on the sugar while trying to conceive. Studies have shown that excess sugar can suppress the immune system. Also, repeated use of excess sugar can lead to a host of fertility problems including hormone disruption, PCOS, insulin resistance, vitamin and mineral deficiency and yeast infections.
Try these tips for staying healthy during Halloween:
- Eat before you trick or treat or attend a party- being full and satisfied will help make healthier decisions.
- Only buy candy you do not like to eat so you are less likely to indulge.
- Have healthier snacks on hand.
- Stay well hydrated which helps you control your sweet cravings.
- Shower your trick or treaters with toys instead of sweets.
- Let yourself celebrate. If you make healthy eating a daily habit, a day or two of overindulgence is perfectly acceptable. Decreasing the frequency of overindulging is key to your weight and fertility success.