Naturally protect yourself from the Coronavirus with these easy but important steps to keep your immune system in top shape:
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Being chronically sleep deprived can wreak havoc on your immune system. Melatonin, the body’s “sleep hormone,” is a powerful immune booster that can help combat viral infection.
- Wash your hands and keep your hands off your face.
- Keep stress levels under control.
- Get moderate but regular physical exercise.
- Eat Whole Foods. Whole foods include food in the same form as they were made. Whole foods include fruits, vegetables, lean meats, chicken, turkey, fish, and unprocessed grains. Keep sugar, refined flours, and processed food to a minimum.
- Eat Healthy Fats high in Omega 3’s. Foods that offer healthy fats are fish (salmon, herring, trout), walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, avocados, and eggs.
- Eat fermented foods such as low-carb yogurt, raw sauerkraut, and kombucha. About 70% of the cells that make up your immune system are found in your gut. Consider a quality probiotic supplement that contains the Myoviridae family of bacteriophages that can actually kill bad bugs in your gut.
- Supplements to help boost your immunity include vitamin C with bioflavanoids, vitamin D3, mushrooms, elderberry, olive oil extract, echinacea, selenium and zinc.